Russell Roads is a market leader in the civil construction industry in the North Island. They are a locally owned business that has been in operation for over 30 years. Their products and services range include roading, concrete, aggregates & asphalt, Structures and Drainage solutions for both Central and Local Government, As well as Commercial and residential clients. Russell Roads have recently completed several high-profile projects such as NZTA Safe Roads SH2 Peka Peka to Waipukarau safety Improvements, NZTA SH2 Airport to Bayview and the Napier Marine Parade Development.
Due to ongoing growth, an exciting position is now available for another Contracts Manager to join our 80-employee strong team. This position reports to the Commercial Manager and is responsible for developing and overseeing Russell Road’s various contracts, ensuring all works are carried out according to best practice. This will also include aspects of financial, employee, continuous improvement and health and safety management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advising and supporting Engineer’s and other key stakeholders to ensure contracts are delivered according to plans.
- Ensuring project plans and associated documentation are developed and implemented considering existing health and safety, environment and quality policies and procedures.
- Managing the overall profitability of contracts.
- Identifying and progressing initiatives to improve service delivery and cost effectiveness
- Establishing and building strong relationships with local agencies such as NZTA, councils and external customers.
The right person will:
- Have a tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Have demonstrated experience in project and/or contract management in the civil construction industry for commercial clients.
- Demonstrate outstanding problem solving, communication and leadership skills.
What’s in it for you?
This is a rare opportunity to join an industry leader and influence large projects that will help shape communities. You will enjoy autonomy and diversity in your role and work in a fast-paced and innovative environment. A competitive remuneration package is also on offer for the successful applicant.
If this sounds like you, Rachel Willis at Findex-Human Resources and Health & Safety Consulting is waiting to hear from you! Phone 0800 020 002 or email Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.