KEA Trailers is a market leader in the trailer and accessories manufacturing industry. A 100% New Zealand owned and operated company with a 40-year history of exceptional service, their manufacturing yard is right here in Hamilton!
A newly created position for a General Manager has been established following a period of economic and team growth. This is an extraordinary opportunity to advance a thriving and successful business into the future. You will be joining an organisation that operates like family but produces millions in annual revenue.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager will be responsible for the overall leadership, strategy development, and financial planning of KEA trailers operations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing a detailed robust and achievable strategic plan for KEA trailers, and ensuring this plan is implemented.
- The operational management of all staff, ensuring customer expectations are exceeded and staff remain focused and motivated.
- Enhancing key customer relationships and ensuring robust and commercial wholesale agreements remain in place.
- Monitoring and regularly reporting on the financial performance of the organisation including preparing annual budgets.
- Undertaking detailed evaluations of positions, policies and procedures within KEA Trailers to ensure the current skillsets and systems are appropriate to meet the organisation’s future needs.
- Ensuring the business is compliant with all statutory obligations.
The right person will:
- Demonstrate strategic and motivational leadership and be passionate about influencing the future aspirations of KEA trailers.
- Have experience within an Executive Leadership or General Management role, ideally reporting to a board.
- Have specialist knowledge of the production, manufacturing or engineering industries, with the ability to relate to all staff.
- Have a tertiary qualification in Business Management or equivalent. A trade qualification in Mechanical Engineering would also be advantageous, but not essential.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent salary package, including company vehicle is on offer for the successful applicant. This is a rare opportunity to make your mark and influence the direction of a successful business.
If this sounds like you, Rachel Willis at Findex Human Resources Consulting is waiting to hear from you! Phone 0800 020 002 or email Rachel.email@example.com for a confidential discussion.